* Expense Restrictions
- When traveling by commercial airline on official University business, travelers should plan well in advance to obtain the most economical fare available.
- Only coach/economy fares are allowable. Any upgrades, early boarding fees, seat selection fees, ticket life insurance, and ticket cancellation insurance are not allowable. Baggage fees that are reasonable and appropriate for the purpose and length of the trip are allowable.
- Taxis, shuttles, and ride-sharing services such as Uber or Lyft are allowable if use of the service is the most economical mode of transportation or when safety issues justify the use.
- Rental cars are allowable when the use of the rental vehicle is the most economical mode of transportation or when safety issues justify the use. The University does not accept transportation for sight-seeing as justification for renting a vehicle.
- Home-sharing services such as AirBnB and VRBO may require review prior to booking to ensure the safety of all UA travelers.
For student travel, the property must be reviewed and approved by Risk Management prior to reserving.
|Travel is between||Application due to COE-GSO on||FAC deadline||Funding notification by||60 Days|
|10/1 – 10/31||9/6||9/11/22||9/30||11/29|
|11/1 – 2/8||10/3||10/9/22||10/28||12/27|
|2/11 – 3/10||1/17||1/22/23||2/10||4/11|
|3/11 – 4/30||2/13||2/19/23||3/10||5/9|